The Board of Trustees provides support to local and global communities. Requests for grants must come from organizations that are tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3). The Foundation’s normal policy is not to make gifts toward annual or operational expenses.
Organizations operating outside of the central Virginia area should call before submitting. Refer to our deadlines to make sure your proposal is submitted in time for consideration. Grant proposals via facsimile or email will not be accepted.
Acceptable grant proposals will include one original and four copies of the following:
- Cover letter that includes address, phone number and contact person.
- A complete description of the organization including its mission and history.
- A complete description of the project, a grant amount and explanation of how the grant would be used.
- A detailed budget for the project including all sources of funding plus what has been raised to date.
- A list of Board Members and Officers.
- One copy of the 501(c) (3) IRS Tax Exempt Determination Letter and one copy of the most recent financial statement.